Denon®, one of the world’s leading providers of high-quality audio and home theater products since 1910, introduces the latest member of its X series: The AVR-X1600H DAB (145 W per channel) offers a spectacular 7.2 surround sound experience that shows the possibilities of TV sets and conventional sound bars by far. Home entertainment lovers will get their money’s worth thanks to the latest technologies in home cinema and streaming.
The AVR-X1600H DAB (RRP: € 599) is available now from authorized Denon dealers.
Key features of the AVR-X1600H DAB
Video and HDMI
- eARC: The extended audio return channel (eARC, Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the latest lossless 3D audio formats for direct audio transmission from the TV set to the AV receiver via an HDMI connection.
- HDCP 2.3 copy protection: The latest copy protection standard is supported on all HDMI ports.
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM): Support for Xbox One’s ALLM game mode to play with the least delay (suitable TV required).
- Incredible color fidelity: Compatible with 4: 4: 4 color resolution, BT.2020, HDR10 (High Dynamic Range), Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma).
Audio and surround sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization technology: All content is rendered with virtual height effects. Existing bookshelf or floorstanding speakers in a conventional 2.1 or 5.1 speaker configuration are sufficient.
- Immersive 3D audio: Dolby Atmos, DTS: X and expansion of DTS-encoded content to DTS Virtual: X.
- Lossless surround sound: support for Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio.
- Premium class DAC: An AKM AK4458 32 bit DAC ensures the high-quality conversion of hi-res audio data.
- Hi-res audio: decoding of lossless formats ALAC (up to 24 bit / 192 kHz), FLAC and WAV as well as DSD (2.8 and 5.6 MHz).
- Versatile connection options: Files in MP3, WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD (2.8 / 5.6 MHz) formats can be played back via network audio streaming and the USB input on the front panel.
- Bluetooth output via headphones: For listening pleasure via Bluetooth headphones
Music streaming and smart home
- HEOS built-in: With compatible components, multi-room audio playback and music streaming via WLAN are possible. HEOS supports both free and paid offers from, for example, Spotify, Deezer, Amazon Music HD, TuneIn, SoundCloud and TIDAL. Music can be streamed wirelessly using the free HEOS app and directed to Zone 2 or HEOS-capable speakers.
- Integrated AirPlay 2: Apple Music tracks can be streamed wirelessly to the AV receiver via AirPlay 2 and transferred to other AirPlay-compatible speakers.
- Roon tested: Compatible with the user-friendly and informative Roon software
- Convenient voice control: With Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri, certain streaming and AVR functions can be controlled by voice command.
- Bluetooth-enabled: simply play music from Bluetooth-enabled devices via the AV receiver.
Setup and ease of use
- Room calibration for optimized room acoustics: With Audyssey’s room acoustic calibration, simple but precise tuning and dynamic volume control are possible.
- Quick selection buttons: There are four quick selection buttons on the front panel and the remote control, which can be assigned preferred audio settings for each source.
- Remote control apps (iOS / Android): Denon AVR app for basic control functions and settings. The EQ curve of a room can be further adjusted using the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, which is available separately.
With the help of the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and DTS Virtual: X virtualiser technologies, virtual height effects can be created without having to operate additional speakers. Despite the simplified installation, they create a room-filling 360-degree sound image. For this purpose, this technology uses the existing loudspeakers and is therefore ideal for systems without actual ceiling or surround loudspeakers, for example also for 2.1 or 5.1 systems.
Countless HDMI connection options
The Denon X series is characterized by an extended audio return channel (eARC, Enhanced Audio Return Channel), which transfers uncompressed and object-based audio files from the TV set to the receiver via a single HDMI cable. The Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) ensures the lowest possible delays in games (e.g. with the XBox One). Thanks to eARC, 4K Ultra HD HDMI and full HDCP 2.3 support on all ports, the AV series X receivers can be easily used with the latest 4K and future 8K TV sets as well as with streaming devices, game consoles or others Connect sources. Thanks to a TV audio function, audio content from the television can be played via HDMI in both the second and the main zone. The quality of the video content delivered by a TV or projector is reproduced without compromise thanks to 4K video technologies such as Dolby Vision ™, HDR 10 (High Dynamic Range) and HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma). The Denon AV series X receivers are also HDCP 2.3 compliant and therefore compatible with the latest protected content.
Playback of Apple AirPlay 2 and hi-res files
The Denon X-Series AV receivers are compatible with Apple® AirPlay 2 and the music streaming service Apple Music. All receivers have a USB connection on the front via which MP3 and hi-res files (WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD 2.8 / 5.6 MHz) can be played. Wireless streaming of popular music services such as Spotify®, Deezer, TIDAL and others is possible thanks to the integrated HEOS technology via Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2 or, thanks to HEOS built-in, via WLAN.
Comfortable voice control
The Denon AVR-X1600H DAB supports the voice assistants Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri and can be easily controlled via these. With Amazon Alexa, for example, you can switch between the inputs for different media players, or you can use Google Assistant and Apple Siri to adjust the volume or jump to the next track.
Integrated HEOS multi-room playback
The X series receivers play music files from streaming services such as Spotify, Deezer, Amazon Music HD, TIDAL, TuneIn or SoundCloud and can stream them wirelessly to HEOS-compatible components. This way, users can enjoy their favorite music in every room in the house – without any cables. Play the same song anywhere, or select different songs from different streaming sources for each connected room. It is also possible to enjoy multi-channel sound in the main room and to hear the same content in a second zone or via connected HEOS components in another room.
The Denon Setup Assistant does the job
Denon’s award-winning setup wizard guides users step by step through the setup process. Because every home theater is unique, Denon uses Audyssey’s first-class room acoustic calibration, which automatically takes precise measurements and optimizes the performance of the receiver. This provides the best possible three-dimensional sound experience that is precisely tailored to the acoustic properties of the room.
Designed for installation experts
AV installation experts will appreciate the intelligent features of the X series: For example, the “Audio selection” or “AirPlay Off” functions ensure that you can switch off Apple AirPlay and this no longer appears on all iOS devices in the house . An installation professional can now better customize the functions and, for example, assign the same HDMI input source to multiple inputs and select different audio sources.
Further information on the Denon AVR-X1600H DAB can be found at https://www.denon.com/de-de/shop/avreceiver/avrx1600hdab .
You can find images under the following link: AVR-X1600H DAB